Cosmetic Dentistry Springville, UT
At Maple Creek Dental, we provide cosmetic dentistry for patients throughout the Springville area. If you are looking for a local dentist that can transform your smile and restore your confidence, call (801) 489-6811 to schedule an appointment. We will examine your teeth, take X-rays, and discuss the goals you have for your smile. These appointments are an excellent opportunity for us to get to know you and to learn more about your lifestyle. The more we know, the better recommendations we can make regarding what type of dental work will be in your best interest to consider. Many patients do not realize that there are several ways to address even the most common aesthetic and health issues. There is no one-size-fits-all answer in cosmetic dental care, but rather, customized solutions for your particular needs.
Things You Should Know About Cosmetic Dentistry
Like the rest of our bodies, our teeth start showing signs of age over time. It could be a subtle yellowing of the teeth or chips that become more obvious. The cause doesn’t matter; if your teeth are in bad shape, it’s bound to affect your confidence and your smile.
Fortunately, cosmetic dentistry has come a long way since the days of full metal braces. In this post, we’ll look at how important finding the right dentist in Springville, UT is if you are wanting regain that winning smile.
There are a number of treatments to assist with brightening your smile. The DIY over-the-counter solutions might do more harm than good, however. They are not strong enough to make a real difference and can cause other problems with regular use.
People might overuse these treatments because they’re desperate for results. It could be problematic because the bleach involved can damage the enamel of the tooth. It will also likely make the teeth more sensitive.
Going to a qualified professional like our team at Maple Creek Dental, however, is much safer. Our specialists know what will and won’t work for your unique situation. You’re not going to waste countless hours applying treatments that don’t make much difference.
Your dentist creates a mold of the teeth so that the bleaching tray fits perfectly. You’ll get the right coverage and products that are a lot more effective.
Veneers are an easy solution if your teeth are discolored or misshapen. The specialist will shave the outer layer of enamel off your teeth, which is necessary for the veneers to adhere properly and look more natural. The specialist then bonds the veneers to your natural teeth.
Bonding is similar to veneers in that the teeth are covered up, at least partially. It’s a cost-effective way to fix small cosmetic issues.
These are essentially caps that cover your teeth. Again, crowns work for a single tooth or many teeth. It is made to fit the damaged tooth exactly and permanently bonded to the tooth.
A crown is ideal for treating a broken or cracked tooth, or even a tooth that is severely damaged due to decay. A great cosmetic dentist, like Dr. Jackson will be able to make your crown look natural and beautiful.
Inlays and Onlays
These two methods are used to seal the teeth. They’re a hybrid between a filling and a cap for the tooth. The difference is that a lab shapes them instead of the dentist creating the fit from scratch.
If they’re used to fill the inside of the tooth, they’re called inlays. If you use them on the outside of the tooth, they’re called onlays.
If you need to have a tooth pulled, it leaves a gaping hole. If it’s in a conspicuous place, like an incisor, you’ll want a quick replacement. It’s also a good idea to have a new tooth inserted to support the teeth on either side.
A metal pin is placed into the jaw, and the tooth is attached. The bone grows around it and makes it even more secure.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Cosmetic Dental Care Springville
An important part of cosmetic dental care is straightening teeth. We have a variety of solutions that can change the appearance of teeth to make them look straighter. Most of these do not, however, actually straighten the teeth. Clear braces is a procedure that involves wearing clear aligners that have been custom created to address your specific dental challenges. By wearing each aligner for a prescribed period, your teeth will move that much closer to being straight. Many people enjoy this solution because the aligners are nearly invisible.
Professional Teeth Whitening
At Maple Creek Dental, we recommend professional teeth whitening as one of the first procedures you try. By whitening your teeth, you can remove signs of aging, along with any stains. We can complete this treatment right away, and give you quality results that you can be immediately be proud of for your smile. While store-bought whitening kits work, they provide a less dramatic result and take longer to work, making an in-office solution the preferred option among our patients.
To learn more about cosmetic dental care and which options would be best for you, call 801-489-6811 to schedule an appointment with our dental office.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Cosmetic Dentistry Terminology
- An allograft is a graft of tissue from a donor within the same species as the patient that is not a genetic relative.
- Alveolar Ridge
- The alveolar ridge is the bony ridge for one of the jaw ridges located on the roof of the mouth or on the bottom of the mouth.
- An autograft is a graft of tissue from one portion of an individual’s body to another.
- Bleachorexia is when people continue to abuse teeth whitening solutions without consulting professionals, causing significant damage to their enamel and gums in the process.
- Cap Splint
- A cap splint is a plastic or metallic device that professionals may use to treat mandible or maxillary fractures and cover crowns of teeth.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Crown Lengthening
- Crown lengthening is a surgical procedure that increases the extent of a tooth structure for restorative or esthetic purposes.
- Dental Crown
- A crown is an artificial tooth, usually consisting of porcelain, which covers the top of the implant to provide people with an aesthetically pleasing and fully-functional tooth.
- Dentin Hypersensitivity
- Dentin hypersensitivity is when the enamel wears down on the tooth enough that the dentin faces exposure and will cause great levels of pain when a person applies pressure to the tooth or drinks hot/cold beverages.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
Back to top of Cosmetic Dental Care
Our Office in Springville, UT
Our dental practice is conveniently located on Main Street. We are happy to welcome new patients, and take pride in providing exceptional dentistry