If you haven’t visited a dentist in a while, we invite you to set up an appointment with Maple Greek Dental for a dental checkup in Springville, UT.
We welcome patients of all ages for a routine checkup and a thorough examination of your mouth, gums, and teeth. Maintaining oral hygiene is essential to keeping your teeth in good shape.
Our general dental care experts recommend that everyone should have dental checkups and cleanings twice a year, to ensure their dental health is perfect.
Why Do You Need a Dental Checkup in Springville, UT?
Visiting your dentist routinely will keep your teeth healthy and strong. If you want to have a beautiful, white smile, regular checkups at your local dentist are mandatory.
Dental checkups are essential because they:
- Prevent tooth decay
- Help keep your teeth white and bright
- Protect against common periodontal diseases (which can lead to tooth loss)
- Strengthen your teeth so you can enjoy a healthy smile
- Prevent unpleasant bad breath (regular visits to the dental office will reduce the mouth bacteria that causes bad breath)
Bacteria and other oral problems may exist without any symptoms. So your teeth may look and feel excellent, but it is still vital to see your dentist at least twice a year.
Visiting Maple Greek Dental for a dental checkup in Springville, UT, gives you a chance to talk to a professional medical expert and receive answers and helpful information for any questions about your oral health.
We are here to monitor the health of your gums and teeth, look for signs of changes, and help prevent oral diseases.
What Happens During a Typical Dental Checkup?
At Maple Greek Dental, we make sure you have a positive dental experience.
During a typical dental exam, our healthcare professionals (your dentist and dental hygienist) will conduct an oral review of your teeth and gums and look for any signs of plaque and cavities. The dentist will check the space between your teeth to ensure there is no gum disease.
Our dentist uses a flexible round-headed instrument, also known as periodontal probe, to thoroughly inspect your gum health. The gums are the support structure of the teeth, so we’ll make sure they are properly performing their function.
If necessary, the dentist may suggest taking an X-ray of your teeth. X-rays can be important in accessing your teeth structure, fillings or crowns, and the supporting socket bone. You must talk to your dentist before you take any X-rays, especially if you are pregnant.
After your dental checkup, your dentist may suggest teeth cleaning. It is a polishing process that can carefully clean your gums and teeth and any built-up plaque that makes tooth assessment difficult.
Once you complete your dental checkup, our dentist will discuss treatment recommendations, covering everything from your nutrition to tooth brushing tips. If there are any complications, the dentist will schedule a return visit for additional restoration work.
For more complex situations, our dentist will refer you to a specialist — oral surgeon, periodontist, or orthodontist. Whatever the case, our professional and kind dentists are always happy to talk with you about different options.
Signs You Need a Dental Checkup Now
Are you experiencing toothaches? Have sores in your mouth? Has it been longer than six months since your last dental visit?
People avoid regular dental checkups for various reasons (fear, busy lifestyle, insurance) and increase the risk of damaging their gums and teeth.
Here are a few signs that it might be time to pick up the phone and schedule an appointment with Maple Greek Dental for a dental checkup in Springville, UT:
- Tooth pain
- Chronic headaches
- Constant canker sores
- Reddening or bleeding of your gums
- You feel calculus or tartar development in your lower teeth
- High sensitivity of teeth to cold or hot
- Light brown spots on your teeth
If you notice any of these signs, don’t wait. Call us to schedule your routine dental checkup.
Why Choose Us?
Our patients travel from all the surrounding areas to see Dr. Jackson and his professional team at our easily accessible, convenient location in Springville, UT.
We are your local dental experts, able to manage everything from regular checkups and exams for you and your family to dental crowns and smile makeovers, dental implants, dentures, Invisalign, teeth whitening, and much more.
Maple Greek Dental offers dental excellence, and Dr. Jackson and his team are committed to providing the best dental experience for every patient. The professional approach is evident in everything we do, from scheduling an appointment to conducting a thorough dental examination. Our healthcare experts take the time to connect with each patient and give them the dental care they deserve.
Whether you need a quick dental exam or a professional cleaning, call us at (801) 489-6811 to schedule an appointment with Maple Greek Dental for a dental checkup in Springville, UT.
We can help you maintain your oral health and your smile in excellent shape.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Dental Checkup Springville
Call Us to Schedule a Checkup Today
We invite you to call 801-489-6811 and schedule your dental checkup right away. When you come in, our friendly staff will make sure everything is ready to go. Next, we will take images of your teeth and gums to see if there are any infections or decay that are under the surface. We will also perform a visual inspection of your gums and each one of your teeth. During this time, we will also be looking for signs of infection, tooth decay, gum disease, and oral cancer. If we identify any of these issues, we will discuss treatment options with you and may even be able to treat minor cavities that day. Before starting any procedures we will discuss them in detail to ensure that you are comfortable. We will also clean your teeth before you go to ensure that you do not have any lingering plaque or bacteria in your mouth. When you visit our Springville, UT dental office, we will provide you the highest quality of care we can, by completing your dental checkup efficiently and gently.
The Benefits of Coming in Now
At Maple Creek Dental, we want you to visit our dentist office at the first sign of discomfort. If you have a slight toothache or irritation in your gums, you can schedule a dental exam. If there is a problem, we can correct it immediately, rather than allowing it to grow and spread. In many cases, we can help you to avoid experiencing any significant discomfort by simply removing the decayed area while it is still small. Otherwise, you may find yourself with a dental emergency as an untreated cavity spreads. Fortunately, we make it easy to schedule a dental checkup with our Springville dentist office. All you need to do is call (801) 489-6811 to schedule an appointment. We will work within your schedule to ensure that you receive the care you need, when you need it.
Why You Shouldn’t Wait for Dental Care
While we understand that many people wait to seek dental care due to anxiety, time, or finances, we do not recommend it. Instead, we suggest that you schedule a dental exam at least once every six months, even if you are not experiencing any discomfort. Doing so will allow us to remove any plaque or bacteria that is on your teeth, ensure that you do not have any cavities that are forming, and prevent you from experiencing gum disease. Our goal is to treat you before you have any health issues, and a dental checkup allows us to do so. We welcome you to come in so that we can protect and improve your oral health.
If you live in the Springville area, call (801) 489-6811 to schedule your dental exam so that you can remain in good health or receive treatment for a current condition.
Definition of Dental Terminology
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Tooth decay is when the enamel of the tooth begins to decay and cause erosion from plaque and tartar on the teeth.
- Dental Caries
- Dental caries are also known as cavities and result from a lack of proper oral hygiene leaving plaque that forms tiny holes in the teeth.
- Dental Checkup
- A dental checkup is an appointment that involves cleaning the teeth, identifying any signs of infection and removing said signs of infection at least once every six months in the office.
- Dental Filling
- A dental filling involves restoring the structure of the tooth by using metal, alloy, porcelain or plastic to fill the tooth.
- Dental Prophylaxis
- A dental prophylaxis is a professional and detailed cleaning that involves the removal of plaque, calculus and stains from the teeth.
- Dental Sealants
- Dental sealants contain a resinous material that we apply to the chewing surfaces of the posterior teeth to prevent dental caries.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Gingivitis is the inflammation of gum tissue that results from plaque, other infections in the mouth and poor oral hygiene.
- Preventive Dentistry
- Preventive dentistry is the dentistry that focuses on maintaining oral health in order to prevent the spread of plaque, the formation of tartar and infections in the mouth.
- Tartar forms when plaque builds up on the surface of the teeth and calcifies into a hard surface that is much more difficult to remove and will require professional treatment.
- Tooth Enamel
- Tooth enamel is the protective visible outer surface of a tooth that contains the dentin and dental pulp.
Back to top of Dental Checkup
Our Office in Springville, UT
Our dental practice is conveniently located on Main Street. We are happy to welcome new patients, and take pride in providing exceptional dentistry