Investing in a smile makeover in Springville, UT, will only benefit you in the long run. Make a lasting impression with a picture-perfect smile.
Because your pearly whites are invaluable assets, it is prudent to maintain them. A great smile can instantly make someone more attractive and confident, which is why some people invest in smile makeovers.
At Maple Creek Dental, we employ a variety of cosmetic dental care procedures to ensure your teeth are at their prime for a more brilliant smile.
What is a smile makeover?
The objective of a smile makeover is to restore or improve your smile so it enhances your appearance while improving your overall oral health.
What is the process of a smile makeover?
The first step is to set an appointment with our dental office. We examine which parts of your mouth might benefit from which procedures, including surgery, enhancements, or restorations.
Since a smile makeover can be complicated depending on your dental condition and hygiene, you may need to set multiple appointments with our dentists.
What are the usual services done for a smile makeover?
Clients who come in for a smile makeover at our clinic in Springville, UT, can benefit from a variety of services.
Depending on your dental needs, we may recommend:
- Teeth Whitening
The most common way to achieve the perfect smile is to rid your teeth of stains through teeth whitening.
There are many causes of stained teeth:
- Age – The older a person gets, the more prone their teeth are to losing their luster.
- Diet – Drinking coffee, tea, wine, and eating artificially colored food can promote yellowing.
- Lifestyle – Habits such as smoking can also result in poor oral hygiene.
There are two ways to whiten teeth, depending on your lifestyle and availability:
- In-House Whitening Treatment – For those who can take a few hours out of their schedule for an afternoon appointment with a dentist, our office offers an in-house whitening treatment.
Our whitening services can result in white and shiny teeth of up to eight shades lighter in a single appointment.
- Home Service Whitening Treatment – For those who opt to have a smile makeover within their home’s comfort, our clinic in Springville, UT, also offers a home service whitening treatment.
The procedure involves creating a teeth impression and developing a teeth whitening tray based on your sample model. Because the impression and the whitening tray are fully customizable, both of these tools will fit your mouth snugly.
- Dental Veneers
Dental Veneers are also an option for patients who have severely stained or damaged teeth. Come in for a consultation at our clinic, and our experts will gauge if veneers are the right solution for your dental problems. These thin shells fit over the front of your teeth to act as enamel and hide imperfections.
The usual treatment involves tightening the gaps between your teeth, evening out their length, patching up dark stains (which cannot be solved by teeth whitening treatments), and restoring chipped or cracked teeth.
- Dental Crowns
For teeth that can no longer be solved by dental veneers alone, dental crowns may be the way to go. Traditional dental crowns are made of metal. But there are disadvantages to this type of dental crown, such as making smiles look unnatural.
Smile makeovers in Springville, UT, employ more modern solutions. Thanks to development in the world of dentistry, porcelain dental crowns are now available. This material mimics the natural appearance of a tooth, which gives the wearer a more natural smile.
The way dental crowns work is straightforward. The metal or porcelain material wraps around the severely damaged tooth to serve as a protective overcoat. By doing so, the natural tooth becomes more impervious to organisms that can harm your teeth.
Dental crowns are not only for aesthetic purposes. They are also used to recover the basic functionalities of teeth, as teeth needing dental crowns are already severely damaged or broken.
Similar to dental veneers, installing dental crowns can fix gaps in your teeth, even them out, remove stains, and restore chipped or cracked teeth. The primary difference between crowns and veneers is that crowns provide more support to the tooth and are more stable.
- Dental Implants
Dental implants are a perfect solution for people with missing teeth. Dentists take a surgical approach to make your teeth look as natural as they can be.
Compared to dentures, dental implants are more durable and serve more functionality. People who have dental implants do not have to worry about losing their teeth while chewing tough food.
Smile Makeover in Springville, UT
The procedures above are some of the most effective dental services used for smile makeovers in Springville, UT.
Remember to consult with our clinic to help you choose the procedure that best suits you and to avoid any mishaps.
Check out what others are saying about our smile makeover and restoration services on Yelp: Smile Makeover Springville
When teeth are more severely damaged or broken, a dental crown is often a better solution for transforming its appearance and functionality. A crown can be made in an all-ceramic or all-porcelain material that surrounds the tooth entirely. This improves the appearance of the tooth and strengthens it since when a crown is used, nothing touches the natural tooth. In the past, people may have had dental crowns that were made out of metal. These are functional but are unattractive and make it difficult, if not impossible, for a smile to look natural and healthy. Replacing metal crowns with ceramic ones makes it possible to have the restoration that you need without anyone knowing your tooth had ever been damaged. We can treat patients who want their smile makeover to include getting rid of outdated metal crowns.
Dental crowns can accomplish similar goals to veneers. They can make teeth even, close gaps, cover stains, and restore cracked or chipped teeth. The major difference is that the crown surrounds the entire tooth, so there is additional stability that comes with this procedure.
Our patients trust our team at Maple Creek Dental to replace their missing teeth in a way that looks completely natural. Dental implants are an excellent way to restore missing teeth because once the procedure is completed; you can enjoy all of your favorite activities and foods without worrying about the tooth falling out or becoming loose. This is important because, with other procedures like dentures, teeth can get loose while running around or eating lunch with friends. Dental implants are so durable that you will not be able to tell the difference between the implant and natural teeth.
In this procedure, a metal post is implanted under the gums and secured to the jawbone. Over several months, the bone and metal will fuse together in order to create a synthetic root system that is just as strong as a natural root system. Once healed, a new tooth is secured to the metal post for a natural and beautiful looking smile. This procedure is commonly used in smile makeovers because it allows us to replace any teeth that are missing.
Some people may also use dental implants to straighten teeth that are crooked or teeth that are not responding to orthodontics. This is an important part of a smile makeover because if all of your teeth are white and beautiful, but one is severely crooked, your new smile will feel incomplete.
How do I start my smile makeover?
To get started on your smile makeover call our Springville dentist office and schedule an appointment with Dr. Jackson. You can reach us at (801) 489-6811 and we will be happy to schedule a time that is convenient for your schedule.
Definition of Cosmetic Dentistry Terminology
- Bleachorexia is when people continue to abuse teeth whitening solutions without consulting professionals, causing significant damage to their enamel and gums in the process.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Cosmetic Imaging
- Cosmetic imaging allows oral health professionals to display and break down the changes a variety of cosmetic procedures can make to the patient’s appearance to help the patient understand.
- Crown Lengthening
- Crown lengthening is a surgical procedure that increases the extent of a tooth structure for restorative or esthetic purposes.
- Dental Crown
- A crown is an artificial tooth, usually consisting of porcelain, which covers the top of the implant to provide people with an aesthetically pleasing and fully-functional tooth.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Full Mouth Rehabilitation
- Full mouth rehabilitation is a customized treatment that strives to optimize health and features of the entire mouth with multiple procedures.
- Smile Selection Guide
- A smile selection guide allows patients to select the type of smile and the intricate details they desire when enhancing the appearance of one’s teeth.
- Smile Shape Guide
- A smile shape guide helps patients determine how they want to change or improve their smile with various cosmetic dentistry procedures.
- Tetracycline is an antibiotic that can cause permanent gray discoloration of teeth when people use it at a young age.
Back to top of Smile Makeover
Our Office in Springville, UT
Our dental practice is conveniently located on Main Street. We are happy to welcome new patients, and take pride in providing exceptional dentistry